Monday, February 3, 2014

Dampening off: intimate detail

Yup I've lost a couple more I left the greenhouse alone so I could get some good tho exaggerated pictures of dampening off for y'all to see --I have treated I treat with a little aldis listerine type mouthwash in a bunch of water often just enough to change the colour of the water 


Looks like another case of "thought pics would be better" that's the cof experiment 


That's where I've put the dead ones even they are suffering the dampening off 











Ok there's the state of everyone before treatment the soil that's nearly black has a TON of water the mid-dark brown I think is good and the light brown has allmost no water --the dampening off is hitting everything but the ones doing best are the ones that are atleast somewhat established --the stuff that's getting hit but not surviving I'll replant when I move everyone over hopefully I can get it cleaned out this weekend but if I know anything that won't happen and who knows what WILL happen?! 


Some basil and a pepper --see how at the base of the stem it dried out? That's I think how it kills you can see above some of my coyote tomatoes have it on there stems and there still alive 


This I think is an extreme example took a bunch of pics normally I spray till it looks better (these are dragon fruit babies) so each single spray I took a pic 






I hope y'all can see atleast some of it fading away? After that I just sprayed a bunch more times 










And there's everyone post treatment --I'm leaving the greenhouse uncovered and the top off on this mini farm thing as we'll better hope moms cat dosent decide to play with anything on me --that would be *very* annoying but she really has no reason to as no catnip in there 

I hope that helps anyone out there with dampening off or seedlings suffering with a fuzzy white mold that goes away when you spray it with water 

No comments:

Post a Comment